Thursday 9 December 2010

I've gone crackers!

A quick post tonight as I've last minute preparations for a Charity Christmas Craft Fair tomorrow. I've made quite a few Chocolate Snowmen and Magic Reindeer Food to sell so now it's just getting everything boxed and ready to go.

Anyway, whilst watching X-Factor last weekend I russled up these little crackers. I'd been given one as a swap from Convention but there was no name on it to credit unfortunately. The first night in the hotel I bumped into this lady in the lift and I ooh'd and ahh'd over them. Luckily I managed to swap with her the next day ...phew!I couldn't find a template for these little beauties so after close examination of my swap I managed to come up with something close. They're only about 11cm in length so very cute. I've popped some chocolate balls inside - the one's you can buy in net bags. Another perfect little table gift for christmas don't you think?

Right, onward with my packing...

If you're near to Dorchester and in town tomorrow evening, the Christmas Craft Fair is upstairs at the Corn Exchange from 6.30pm to 9.30pm. It's in aid of Julia's House and there will be lots of festive stalls to browse along with Carol Singers and wine tasting... very nice! You won't be able to miss me (I've a big enough banner) so please come on over and say 'hi' if you can make it.

6 comments:

Caroline said...

These are gorgeous Jo, I love the way you've used the scallop trim border on the ends. Good luck tonight with your craft fair. I sold loads of magic reindeer food etc. at my last craft fete, so fingers crossed you do too. Wish I lived closer, I'd certainly be buying those crackers!

liz said...

stunning jo

Janette said...

Wow Jo they are brilliant... can I buy some off you ??
Hugs
Janette x

Beth Norman said...

Aren't you clever to come up with a pattern. These crackers are absolutely stunning.

Jo Austin said...

Beautiful... as all your projects are!

I love making these little crackers, but can't get mine to twist at the ends like yours.. I need ribbon. Any ideas? xx

Natalie OShea said...

HI Jo,

Those crackers were made by Caroline Bruce, Davina and Hayley in my team - gorgeous aren't they :) Natalie x