Sunday 23 May 2010

1 week to go...

Yes it's only 1 week now till 'Extravanza #2' and I'm getting rather excited I have to say. Jen and I have been adding the finishing touches so it'll be non stop for the next week completing kits and making sure everything will be in place for the doors opening at 10am next Saturday. Our first Event back in January (which you can read about here) was absolutely fantastic and the feedback we received after was overwhelming! So 4 months later and the pressure has been on to organise another event - we're keeping everything crossed it will live up to expectations. This event is Fully Booked with everyone who came to the last one coming again AND we've doubled the amount of attendees...yikes!! Because of all the preparations I've not had chance to create anything, well not that I can show you anyway, so I apologise for the lack of posts. I had a bit of a respite today though as I went to my local crop and did some more scrapbooking. I purchased a kit and we had to create a LO using only the products provided, nothing else. Blimey was it a challenge...the only extras we could use were stamps, punches and the cricut to cut out a title. Now I'm not the fastest scrapbooker in the world but as a friend once told me, it's not a race so I plodded along and came up with this. It wasn't going to be a pink page (the papers were double-sided) but it worked better with the black and white photo I had. It's my Jakey of course...doesn't he look an angel?? If only you knew the truth! lolThis will be for my MIL, she adores him. It's a trade for the home baked cakes she's making for the Extravaganza next week...yum! I hope to take lots of photos of the event so please pop back to see how it went. Meanwhile have a fantastic weekend (it's hot, hot, hot! here on the south coast) and see ya soon!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Oh Jo, it's a gorgeous layout, and picture of Jake also of course!........you are so lucky that he is willing to be photographed....mine just hide away. Can't wait till Saturday, see you then
X

Dawn Silver said...

Ooh your scrapbook pages are knock out Jo.