Monday 20 October 2008

A Rose is a Rose

I really should be doing the dreaded *H* word today but I wanted to show you a set that if you're an SU! blog hopper, you will no doubt start to see a lot of. It's called 'a Rose is a Rose'. For those that like to do the cutting out thing, which I do although I'm not a *decoupage* person, then this is ideal. The stamps are a '2 Step' set which basically means you build the image with 2 stamps and 2 colours - also helped with that clever gadget the 'stamp-a-ma-jig'.
I can't help but stick to these gorgeous colours of red and green, but I did try to change it slightly by using Real Red instead of Ruby Red and Certainly Celery instead of Old Olive. I also used some scraps from the Holiday Treasures Designer papers (again) - I can't bare to throw even the smallest of scraps of theses gorgeous papers away! The sentiment is from the Level 1 Hostess set - Best Yet and it's stamped in one of the Frames with a Flourish set.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.
Jo :)

3 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Jobe, again lovely stuff - you are doing some really nice things.

Kate Lewis said...

OMG! Jo this is stunning! I reckon this rose set is going to be one of my absolute faves (and I haven't even got my inky fingers on it yet!!) I never tire of this colour combo - a really lovely card. Kate xx

Dawn said...

Ooh that is a stunner, definitely going to get this set.